If you are a woman who needs to return to school to better your life, the Women of Oliver for Women (WOW) would like to help. The WOW Education Award ( $1000) is presented to a woman who is needing to upgrade her education in order to return to the workplace and support herself and her family. Applications are due by January 31st. An award is presented in March.
Not all applicants will be selected for awards, but you may be eligible if you:
- Provide the primary financial support for your family.
- Have financial need.
- Are currently enrolled in a vocational/skills training program or an academic degree program, and have successfully completed one semester.
- Provide an official transcript copy from your current educational institution showing a listing of your educational record.
- Are motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Reside in the South Okanagan.
- Do not have a graduate degree.
In order for applicants to be fairly judged, forms from two references must be sealed and submitted with each application. Your application will be reviewed by a committee comprised of members of the Women of Oliver for Women organization (WOW), but all information will remain confidential and will not be shared without your prior permission.
You can download an application form and reference forms here:
Visit our website at wowoliver.org for more information about Women of Oliver for Women
Left to right: Janet Montgomery, Michelle Weisheit, Janis Silverfox (2015 recipient of award), Cathy Gushalak and Diane Worth
WOW is a member group of the Oliver Community Arts Council.